Apply for a House

Apply for a House

How Do I Apply for a House?

Arklet Housing Association has affordable housing for rent located in the following local authority areas:

  • Glasgow City,
  • South Lanarkshire and
  • East Renfrewshire

 Each area has a separate application form and guides which contain information about housing stock and allocation policies.

Glasgow City
You can download the application form and guidance booklet from here or pick up an application directly from the Arklet office.  Completed applications should be sent to Arklet HA. 

South Lanarkshire
South Lanarkshire operates a Common Housing Register known as Homefinder. Application forms are available from here, from the Arklet office or directly from South Lanarkshire Council.  Completed applications should be sent to South Lanarkshire Council.

East Renfrewshire
Within the East Renfrewshire area there is a Common Housing Register in operation, known as The East Renfrewshire Housing Register (ERHR). This gives applicants the choice of applying on one form to 3 different landlords: Arklet Housing Association, Barrhead Housing Association and East Renfrewshire Council. Application forms are available from any of the partners offices.

Your application requires relevant items of proof which apply to your own circumstances. Photocopies will do. Once your application is received it will be processed and an acknowledgement returned from the landlords that you have selected. Should you require any assistance completing your form please contact Arklet’s offices.

Arklet Housing Association has Shared Ownership and LIFT (Low-cost Initiative for First Time buyers) properties, both these schemes would require you to take out a mortgage to purchase your share:

Shared Ownership is a form of home ownership in which the resident buys part of the property and rents part of it from a housing association. Please contact the Association for more information.