Making a Complaint

Making a Complaint

Complaints Handling Procedure (CHP)

The Association tries to deliver a good service to all our customers, but we do accept that at times things can go wrong. Our complaints handling procedure aims to deal effectively with customers’ concerns where they arise.

The following documents can be found on this website:

Complaints Handling Procedure
Unacceptable Actions Policy

The Scottish Public Service Ombudsman (SPSO) issued a model complaints handling procedure to all Housing Associations during 2012 and it was expected that all registered social landlords adopt it, therefore our procedure complies with the conditions set out by the SPSO.

The new procedure is different in a number of ways:

  • You can make a complaint more easily - it doesn’t have to be made in writing or in any formal way to be counted as a complaint;
  • There are fewer stages to go through – after you have tried to resolve your complaint through contact with frontline staff, there is only one further investigation stage before the complaint process is completed; 
  • There is no recourse to the management committee.

We believe the new CHP will allow us to have clear information more quickly when our services are failing to deliver what our customers need. Senior staff will review all complaints and the management committee will review trends and outcomes. We will look to follow through with changes in services where a complaint points to the need for change.

If you would like more information about the Complaints Handling Procedure or the Unacceptable Actions Policy please contact us.

If you would like to make a complaint you can do it in the following ways: -

-  Telephone our Office on 01475 783637
-  Email us at office@clochhousing.org.uk or fill out our Contact Form
-  Visit us at our offices
-  Write to us at Cloch Housing Association, 19 Bogle Street, Greenock PA15 1ER

Complaints can be reported to any member of our staff.  Please refer to the Complaints Handling Procedure for details of how we will deal with your complaint.


Raising Concerns About a Landlord

Making a complaint about a social landlord

If you are unhappy with the service provided by the Association, you should make your complaint using the above procedure in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman if you remain dissatisfied after you have exhausted this procedure. 

Significant performance failures

A significant performance failure is something that your landlord does, or fails to do, that puts the interests of its tenants at risk. This is something that does, or could, affect all of your landlord’s tenants.  If you have a concern of this nature please refer the matter to the Scottish Housing Regulator, more information is available in the Scottish Housing Regulator's factsheet


Housing Support Service - Warden Service (Elliott Court)

Should you wish to make a complaint about the Association's Housing Support Service then complaints can be referred to the Care Inspectorate if you remain dissatiofed after you have exhausted the Association's Complaints Handling Procedure.