The Association tries to deliver a good service to all our customers, but we do accept that at times things can go wrong. Our complaints handling procedure aims to deal effectively with customers’ concerns where they arise.
The following documents can be found on this website:
• Complaints Handling Procedure
• Unacceptable Actions Policy
• Scottish Public Service Ombudsman Information Leaflet
• Oak Tree Complaints Reports
The Scottish Public Service Ombudsman (SPSO) issued a model complaints handling procedure to all Housing Associations during 2012 and it is expected that all registered social landlords adopt it, therefore our procedure complies with the conditions set out by the SPSO.
The new procedure is different in a number of ways:
• You can make a complaint more easily - it doesn’t have to be made in writing or in any formal way to be counted as a complaint;
• There are fewer stages to go through – after you have tried to resolve your complaint through contact with frontline staff, there is only one further investigation stage before the complaint process is completed;
• There is no recourse to the management committee.
We believe the new CHP will allow us to have clear information more quickly when our services are failing to deliver what our customers need. Senior staff will review all complaints and the management committee will review trends and outcomes. We will look to follow through with changes in services where a complaint points to the need for change.
If you would like more information about the Complaints Handling Procedure or the Unacceptable Actions Policy please contact us.
If you would like to make a complaint you can do it in the following ways: -
Telephone our Office on 01475 807000
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us at our offices
Write to us at Oak Tree Housing Association Ltd, 41 High Street, Greenock, PA15 1NR
Complaints can be reported to any member of our staff. Please refer to the Complaints Handling Procedure for details of how we will deal with your complaint.