Paisley South Property Services Ltd, a subsidiary of Paisley South Housing Association, provides a factoring service to 301 private owners within tenement closes, where we have ownership, throughout our area of operation. PSPS is registered as a property factor in accordance with the Property Factors (Scotland) Act 2011. Our property factor registration number is PF000305.
Our factoring service covers areas such as:
• Common Repairs
• Lighting within closes
• Landscape maintenance of common areas
• Buildings Insurance (optional)
To report a common repair click here.
Factored owners pay a quarterly payment to cover the administration costs. The cost of any common repairs and services are also invoiced quarterly or depending on what is specified within their Title Deeds. Click here to see information on Ways to Pay Your Factoring Bill.
Many owners choose to have their buildings insurance though Paisley South HA and this is also charged though the factoring bill, in the May invoice. If you currently have building insurance with another provider and would like to take advantage of our block insurance policy or just want further information on buildings insurance, please see Buildings Insurance related page at the right hand side.
The factoring service is delivered by a team of staff. Factoring accounts are dealt with by Housing Officers, and common area inspections and changes of ownership are dealt with by Housing Assistants. The staff member responsible for delivering the factoring service is Tracy Fraser.
There are 2 areas:-
Owners can report common repairs by using our Repairs Line Number 0141 583 4100 or by selecting option 1 if telephoning the office main telephone number 0141 889 7105, e-mailing us on email@example.com or through website.
Please click here for our Factoring Information Leaflet.
Your key responsibilities as owner and our key responsibilities as factor are noted below.
More detailed information on your responsibilities is contained in the Deed of Conditions for your property. You should seek legal advice from your solicitor about the precise content of the deeds.
Your responsibilities are:
• Shared responsibility with other owners in the building for the maintenance of all common parts (including gardens and common landscaped areas). You are also responsible for your share of costs relating to the upkeep of these areas.
• Shared responsibility with other owners in the building to keep common areas clean and tidy. As an owner, you are legally obliged to ensure that the common stairs and close area are cleaned.
• Limit the noise you make. A common cause of friction between neighbours is noise. We would ask that consideration towards your neighbours be shown by not playing radios, compact disc players and televisions too loudly.
• Pay your factoring bills on time.
Our responsibilities to you are:
• To organise repairs & maintenance to common areas on behalf of owners.
• To co-ordinate payment of common services, such as common close electricity, on behalf of owners
• To ensure all owners have adequate buildings insurance
• To liaise with owners over arranging for planned maintenance within in the building.
Other services provided to factored owners include:
Bulk Uplift Service
Welfare Benefits Service
If you wish to make an enquiry, please go to the 'Contact Us' section and complete enquiry form.
Care and Repair Renfrewshire provides free and practical advice and assistance to people who are older and have disabilities. Talk to them about small repairs, improvements, or adaptations that you need to help you remain in your own home rather than having to move. Click here for General Information leaflet.
Please see below some Frequently Asked Questions about Factoring.